Monday, June 29, 2009

Waiting for Wednesday

I called my doctor today regarding the delayed arrival of Aunt Flow. I will be going in Wednesday morning for a blood test to see if I'm pregnant. The urine test this morning came back negative again. I don't know how long it will take to get the results back, but you can be sure I will ask!

I also called my perinatologist regarding checking my homocysteine levels and a possible increase in my folic acid intake from the normal prenatal amounts. She said that it is her experience that even with normal homocysteine levels, you can still have problems, so she didn't think it was necessary to check my levels since we are already going to do the blood thinners.

She did think it was a good idea to increase my folic acid intake and called in a prescription for the super duper supplement. This is what I wanted anyway, so I didn't push the homocysteine issue. But my confidence has been lowered since I feel she should have thought of this initially. I'm not a medical professional; I can't be relied upon to think and research everything! Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed.

I also mentioned to her that we flew the day before I started bleeding and maybe that started everything in motion. She may be trying to alleviate some of my guilt, but said it probably didn't. But I'm still not going to take any chances next time!


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment