Monday, June 8, 2009

Clearance!

I have been very impatient over the idea of having to wait until the end of September before we can start trying again. Even though it seems so unfair to have to wait that long after being so prepared to have more children, we have been responsible. But I mentioned it to my husband this weekend, and he suggested that I give the doctor a call and find out what the risks are if we did get pregnant before our 6 months hiatus.

So...I spoke with my perinatologist today to get more information, and she gave us her blessing! She said as long as we are emotionally ready, we can start trying! I swear that's the best news I've heard all month!

My understanding is that the risk of getting pregnant too soon after a c-section is that it can cause a uterine rupture, but this is only a risk if you go into labor. We already know I will be having a scheduled c-section and have no history of pre-term labor, so I'm good to go!

We still need to get our finances in order so that we can afford an aid for the daycare; I still want to loose about 8 more postpartum pounds; and we need to schedule a preconception visit with my regular OB; but I couldn't be more excited! Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Yipee!!!!! My heart jumped when I read your news. I can't wait to talk to you about it.
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete