Thursday, June 25, 2009

a case of raging PMS?

I have been feeling better since my last post. It's amazing how much better things look in the morning. I think the fact that I have to keep putting one foot in front of the other helps to get me out of those ruts. I don't have the option of just pulling the covers over my head and shutting the world out no matter how much I might want to sometimes.

I also suspect the extreme moodiness and weepyness might be related to being pregnant or raging PMS. I haven't missed my period yet, but I took one of those uber sensitive pregnancy tests I ordered online that I had left over from last time. It measures 10 mlU/hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) which is one of the hormones produced when you're pregnant. The most sensitive you can get at the drug store will usually measure about 20 mlU/hCG.

Anyway, I took a test yesterday and today, and I swear I see a very faint line. It's so faint that I'm afraid I'm imagining it. You have to look at it cross-eyed to see it even! I know that it doesn't matter how dark the line is, if it's there you're pregnant. But I wouldn't bet the farm just yet because the line was most defintely more visible after the 10 minute recommended viewing period. So my brain doesn't want to believe it yet, but my heart does! Wouldn't it be so great to get pregnant so quickly without really even trying! I could skip the whole anxiously waiting prepregnancy anxiety stage!

I really want to be able to call my doctor and just have them do a blood test to check, but I'm trapped at home with the daycare. It's the only real frustration I have with the daycare - not being able to leave without extensive planning before hand. But if Aunt Flow hasn't arrived by Saturday, I'll take another test. I only have two left!

I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I've poppped over here from Kimber's blog... enjoy your little spot.

    and ummm.. exciting...both of my pregnancies I had some random emotional outburst moments before I knew I was pregnant... so sometimes when I have them now... Im like.. uh oh.. :)

    Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I sure HOPE HOPE HOPE for you! Heheh, and I will be lurking around here Saturday to see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete