Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back to Normal

I had another two week checkup today to follow up with the D&C and check my hCG levels again.

Everything looks back to normal, and I feel back to normal.  They don't expect my hCG to be down to zero yet, but they will continue to follow it every two weeks until it is zero again.  I should have the results back tomorrow on that.  My doctor has recommended that we wait 1-2 cycles before trying again.

I forgot to mention before that after I came out of surgery I was told that the doctor had already stopped by to talk with me.  They said I asked her some pretty good questions, but I thought it was pretty funny that I had no recollection of this what-so-ever.  My doctor said that I was very alert and was talking perfectly coherently.   I asked if there was enough tissue to be able to do a chromosome analysis.  But we still don't know the answer to this.

She told me today that they sent the tissue off.  It wasn't very much, but they will try to get it to grow.  If it grows, there was enough tissue.  If it doesn't grow, then there wasn't enough.  They can usually tell in about 2 weeks, so we are still waiting on this.  This will hopefully give us clues as to if the miscarriage was from a chromosome abnormality or the clotting factor.

My doctor also mentioned that based on the tissue she retrieved and I guess how it was attached, I would not have been able to pass the tissue on my own, and I would have continued to bleed.  I am glad that we have the technology to be able to take care of these things.

Now I work to get my body healthy again while we wait until we can start trying again...

No comments:

Post a Comment