Saturday, April 25, 2009

Abstract art

Do you ever have episodes of deja vu where a thought, event, or action tickles the edges of your memory seeming to have happened before in a dream, past life, or alternate universe? I've noticed these episodes in my life seem to be coupled with crossroad decisions or subjects of great importance (well important to me anyway).

I had one such episode this morning when I was thinking of something while trying to procrastinate getting out of bed, but then my daughter walked in the room and wanted to show me something that she had "created". Her creations in the the past have included burnt microwave popcorn, artwork involving scissors and a scattering of microscopic clippings, sculptures involving every toy in the house, abstract drawings involving a banana and the wall as the canvas, and incinerated hot chocolate (which resulted in a small fire in the microwave).

So naturally, her use of the word "created" always sends a wave of panic through me and made my mind expunged the thought as an act of self-preservation to my worldly property. The creation this morning was only a minor affair involving random clutter used to bar the top of the stairs.

Oh well, such is the life of a mother (that I wouldn't trade for anything). As my mother used to say, "if it is important, the thought will come back to you."

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment