Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More unanswered questions...

Just got back from the doctor's office.  They drew blood to test my natural killer cells (NKC) and performed the hysteroscopy.

We should get the results back from the blood test in 7-10 days. 

The hysteroscopy is a procedure where a telescope is inserted into the uterus via the cervix so that the interior of the uterus can be examined.  Everything looks good.  The doctor commented that he can't even see my c-section scars.  That's good news, but somewhat anticlimactic.  If scar tissue were present, it could have offered an explanation regarding the early miscarriages.  It could have also been easily remedied. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful I have a healthy uterus, but we're still left with unanswered questions which is incredibly frustrating.  Now we wait for the results of the NKC blood test...

In the meantime, I have a consult appointment tomorrow with my new OB/GYN.  We will see if she will sign off that I'm healthy enough for IVF with no increased risk to my health/life.  I'm concerned I may not get the go ahead because I'm not sure if the classical c-section I have could put me at increased risk of uterine rupture with twins.  I'm anxious about what this new OB says because it could eliminate IVF as an option for us, but I'm trying to stay calm though until we know the answer.

I also need to get a pap smear... fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment