Friday, March 18, 2011

The End of Our Journey

We have reached the end of our journey on this path. I miscarried this past Wednesday morning at about 14 weeks gestation. I spent the whole day at the hospital and was finally able to go home after a D&C. I wasn't supposed to get pregnant this last time. The doctors can't find a cause, but obviously there's something wrong that science can't explain yet. But it doesn't matter anymore. I am forever done being pregnant after going through this 6 times. Just like with Garrett, it was following an extended vacation where I was homesick the whole time. The doctors assured us the traveling and vacation have nothing to do with it, but I don't know when I'll be able to go back to New Orleans as this was our vacation spot prior to two losses we suffered after vacationing.

We now focus on healing and learning how to start a new path with an unexpected and final family of three.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. :( I'm so sorry Rachael. I have only a string of profanity, so I'll have to keep it at that.

    ReplyDelete